Thursday, November 17, 2011

Reflection on English 102

Dear Professor Cline,

I have really enjoyed this class I got to take with you as my professor. This has been different then any other English Course I have ever taken. You added style and fun into something that is usually "just part of the requirement". I truly can say I have enjoyed taking this class and would recommend it to others. I didn't look at it as just another class to fill my requirement needs to obtain my degree I actually enjoyed it.

In this class I think I have learned to start to properly analyzing literature. I am still learning and getting better but I believe I have gotten better over the period of the class. I think being able to continue to excel in doing this will be able to open more doors for me in my career and in other classes that I will be taking.  Being able to analyze something is very important. This can help you in not just writing a college paper but all throughout life. You will be able to be presented with a more complicated scenario and be able to put a little bit more thought into it and solve it with greater competence.

Honestly I cannot find a way the reading have affected me in this class. I think if at all they have made the class more enjoyable. The course was given a fun theme to work with. I liked not just having ordinary "boring" book to read and get through.

I think that I am progressively meeting the learning outcomes of this course. I like that I am feeling more comfortable in doing what was asked of me, as opposed to being so nervous when I first signed up for the class. I think that my progression has shown and is at a good rate.

When I look at my writing and my process in writing, I really do not see much of a change. I have the same organizational skills and I still put my paper together the same way and edit it that same way that I always have. The only thing that I do differently is the way I look at the reading I am given. I am able to look more deeply and understand what I am given and it truly makes me enjoy reading much more now. Knowing that there is more then just words n the page is a nice thought. 

The only challenge I think that I had in the class is the want to read the literature that was given. I am not much of a reader and when I took this class I will be honest I was not looking forward to it. But when I got to see what the readings were and what we were going to be doing I got excited. I really liked the fun little projects we got to do throughout the semester!

Thank you for the opportunity in giving me the skills to become a better reader and writer. I look forward to finding a book to read.

Lindsey Meredith

5 comments:

  1. Great job!! I too had a hard time with the analyzing and the readings. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who had that trouble and was able to figure out a way to get through it! This class was so great! From the beginning I had a feeling that I would love it and I was right. It was great reading your thoughts on everything and your papers. I hope that you continue to do well in your college courses and your career!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you came to enjoy this class. I did as well. I also thought that this was a fun class compared to my other English classes that I have had. I liked the fact that we were reading Frankenstein and that for our last essay, we were able to choose from the two options, the one of them being monsters (which I was so excited for. lol). I know that there are many people that see an English and then think about all the reading that they have to do and many of them just don't even want to think about it, so I'm glad that even though you were apprehensive at first, that you came to enjoy what we were reading in this class. I always liked reading your blog posts and I hope you do amazing in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed this class as well. It has pushed me beyond my limits and helped me grow as a reader and a writer. I would also recommend this class and specifically Ms. Cline, I think she did a great job of making it fun and interesting and was also most helpful in grading our papers and providing constructive feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would agree with your initial view of this class, I was as well nervous and not so anxious at the beginning. I too was excited to read the material assigned to us and overall I would have to agree this class was interesting and fun!

    I think you did a great job with your post!
    Good Luck-
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an interest English class and the English assignments were quite interesting. The class gave me a different aspect on reading literature. I have notice an improvement in my writing as well in others too.

    ReplyDelete