Sunday, October 30, 2011

Annotated Bibliography

Lector, Hannibal, Perf. Hannibal. Dir.
      Ridley Scott. 2001. Film.
I choose to use this as my Primary Source for my project. The reason being is I believe that the movie lets you take a little bit more away in terms as being able to visualize and understand the concepts of Hannibal. I liked this source because of the visual effects in the movie and the language. It was easier to understand when it was being spoken rather then just being read. Literature is difficult for me to understand at times so the movie was the perfect primary source for me to start with.

Szumskyj, Benjamin. Dissecting 
    Hannibal Lecter, Essays On The 
   Novels Of Thomas Harris.
   McFarland & Company, 2008.
   Print.
I choose to use this as one of my secondary sources. The reason I choose to use this because I think it will be very influential in the other readings and a compliment to the movie. Hopefully this will allow me to "Dissect"some true meanings in this story and film. Hannibal is a very complicated man and takes some time to understand what he is trying to express to you in his puzzles and this could be a great way to have a chance to decipher what he is getting across.

O'Brien, aniel. The Hannibal Files, 
   The Unauthorised Guide To The
   Hannibal Lecter Trilogy. 2009.
   Print.
 This seemed to be a very interesting secondary source for me to take advantage of. This gets a inside look at the director and the film.This could ultimately be a very large part of my final project. I will be able to look at the way the director saw things and I will be able to understand and get inside the movie. Only more reading and time will tell how influential  this book can be for me.

Harris, Thomas. Hannibal. Dell, 2001.
     Print.
This book is a reflection of the movie. This source will allow me to make proper quotes from the movie. I will be able to be accurate and precise in my citations. This will also be a great compliment to the movie because I will be able to look at the text as well. And if I have some confusion in either they will lend to compliment one another in helping me to grasp what is being dictated to me.

Harris, Thomas. The Silence Of The 
    Lambs. St. Martin's Griffin, 2000.
    Print. 
And as my last source I choose to use the, The Silence of the Lambs. This is the first portion of the trilogy that Hannibal is introduced in. This book gets us the initial catty, articulate, and intellectual insight of that man. This book shows us that Hannibal is not just a criminal but gives us a look at how he chooses to use Clarisse and sees her in a way that some might think he loves her. This is a big part of understanding Hannibal to me. Like we are always told you never get a second chance at first impressions and Hannibal does a very good job at his introduction and sets the stage for a miraculous journey. 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have an awesome plan. I look forward to reading what you have to say, I mean write. :) I appreciate the sense of both print and other media you are bringing to your paper and feel it will make it a very rounded product. Best wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go for having a detailed plan! With all five sources chosen, half the work is already done. You have a very specific target topic, and with your sources I think you will soon have a thesis to work with and plenty of data to back it up. I am excited to behold the final product. Now if only I had such a good plan too…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have this all planned out. I wish I had your organizational skills. You have a great start for the rest of your project. I look forward to what your project will say. I am going to be doing mine of vampires, and will be excited as well. I am glad that you seem interested in your selections. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to have everything in order and ready to go for your paper. That should definitely be a big help when it comes to writing it. As far as your sources go I think you picked some great ones. Using a movie as a primary source is a great idea! That should make it a lot easier to fully understand what is going on as you can see it. For outside sources I think you have some very goods ones as well. An inside look at the director should be helpful in finding out the motives behind Hannibal. Not only that but it as a creative source that is sure to help. Good luck on your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems as though you have done a paper or something like this. You are very well prepared. I like that you have a book that helps you to even get more in depth than the movie. I also like watching movies over reading the literature because you can see more detail through a movie than through text. Good luck on your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a very interesting choice as a monster. I see where you are going with it and am looking forward to seeing what you write. I went with the traditional vampires so it is nice to see that some one looked outside of the box.

    Jennifer Walker

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited to see what you come up with. I think that doing a film is a really great idea and The Silence of the Lambs is a perfect thing to analyze if you are doing a movie. That is interesting to use a "monster" who is a person. Good luck, and I can't wait to read what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Hannibal Lector, he is truly an original character. He's a Ted Bundy that eats people. Highly intelligent and articulate, which is a psychopath that is hard to believe. Red Dragon is actually the first in the series, but unfortunately the last to be film. To that book gives great inside into Hannibal's mind. Good luck on your research.

    ReplyDelete