Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Final Project Proposal

In deciding the option for my final project I have decided to propose to use option number two. This is the monsters project. And the monster that I wish to write and research is cannibals. I chose this option because I will be able to do research on the project and that is a type of writing I am very familiar and comfortable with. I have not yet determined what I will exactly be using as my primary text yet. I want to be able to look into it very in depth as to get the best information available. I plan to accomplish ans amazing paper that will be a surprising change in skill to our teacher. I have not be receiving the grades I would like to and I would like this paper to be able to make the big change for me. I plan on using every possible item I can find for support on my project. I will search the topic and find certain points I would like to really hit on and then narrow down my findings to make a clear and descriptive paper. I look forward to this project even though I am nervous at the same time. I want this paper to be a big step up from the ones I have been writing and I hope to accomplish this.

http://kirillsghostwriter.wordpress.com/2010/06/17/having-your-friends-for-dinner-perspectives-on-cannibalism/

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey,

    I'm writing about cannibals too. It's been a challenge to find the text that isn't too gross or make believe. I hope you find something that makes the project interesting and you are able to reach your goal! I look forward to reading what you come up with.

    Best,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you have a very strong start to your paper. Just the fact that you are set on exactly what you want to do and how you are going to do it gives you a huge head start. Cannibals is an interesting topic that I feel you could make into a great paper. I chose option one but I still feel I can use my familiarity with research papers to my advantage. I didn't think about using the second option like you did but now that I realize how someone else is going to use it to write a paper in a familiar style, I wish I would have. Magazine articles might be a useful resource for your research if you can find some sort of science fiction magazine. Overall though, I think just by your strong will and ideas you will end up with a great paper, and the grade you are looking for from it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lindsey,
    Go for it! It is refreshing to see enthusiasm for a class. My question to you would be, what message do you hope send to your readers? One idea could be how cannibals are mostly island people, thus perhaps showing how old prejudices and suspicions of sailors played into literature. I too chose Option #2, only I am doing my essay on dragons. Good luck, I can't wait to read the essay!
    Pax et Bonum,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you will do a great final paper! the subject that you picked seems to be very interesting! I finally realize that this class has taught me a lot, but I have struggled also, keep your head up and I believe your paper will be great! I personally can't wait to read it! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally found option two to be the more difficult one. I don't really have interest in monsters. The topic of cannibals could be a cool one though. The monster topics should be pretty easy to do research on as well. good post. Good luck with the final paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your subject is great, cannibals is subject that been around since the dawn of time. Going back to the Aztec and Incas eating there enemies in hopes to gain their strength. Even the Donner party might be a good reference. Literature might be hard to find. Only thing that pops in my mind is the Silence of the lambs series with Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter. Good look with your search of material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I applaud your convictions! I think in doing your best work you must really be confident in the material you are working with. I bet your grade in this project will reflect that confidence! I am not real comfortable with any of the options but chose option #1 because it seemed that most interesting to me. Hope you reach your goal and get the grade you want with this next assignment!

    ReplyDelete